Imagine the missed opportunities when your customer’s online billing isn’t connected to your latest promotions and you can’t quickly or easily get this information in front of them.
This is how the commerce architecture redesign started for TELUS Mobility, Canada’s second largest telecommunications company. To address their need for a seamless customer experience, market agility and complete ownership over their platform, TELUS Mobility had to look beyond an out-of-the box solution to a more flexible, less constrictive solution.
Their business model and customer UX needs opened the way for the most customizable option out there: open source architecture.
The ultimate test for this open source commerce architecture came quickly after the build:
- 2016 TELUS Mobility was the only vendor site in North America that didn’t crash during the pre-order frenzy for the iPhone 6S. Even Apple can’t make this claim.
TELUS Mobility & iPhone 6S pre-order launch:
The inherent agility and unrestricted nature of the new open source commerce platform helped TELUS Mobility crush the iPhone 6S pre-order campaign:
- 15% more pre-sales than the market leader, Rogers;
- and 21% more than Fido.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Increased labour costs to support manual workflows
- Lost revenue from costly human error in data entry
- Substantial monthly fees for various platforms and software
- Ineffective marketing & IT teams unable to deliver ideal strategies and solutions
We suspect your operational issues are related to disconnected data management across multiple SaaS systems and/or the limitations of your commerce platform