Multiple-use case solutions for complex product offerings.
Developed in an Agile fashion, the site was designed and built iteratively. Starting with a framework approach and progressing to creative design, configuring to base modules for functionality, and finally adding new customizations.
Integrations added to the platform to improve user and operational function:
- FedEx, UPS and Canada Post integrations — automatically generate shipping labels, calculator shipping cost based on pre-set variables in the product set up. We also created the functionality to allow for international shipping in the future.
- CDN — This module allows Drupal to integrate with any Content Delivery Network service. Print Canada Store wanted to use a CDN to reduce requests to their server and allow images to be served up faster for their users, both of which result in faster page load times.
- Commerce Custom Product — adds features to support the creation of customizable products. Print Canada Store needed to allow products to include custom text input from the customer as part of a product’s attributes. This module allowed us to accomplish that.
- Commerce Invoice Receipt — allowed Print Canada Store to include an HTML/CSS styled invoice for their customers that completed a purchase.
- Commerce Product Option — lets users define one or more field(s) as an option set to a product. Adding this function meant the client wouldn’t have to create a variant for every single possible combination of product attributes. Having too many possible combinations would have caused page load delays, diminishing the user experience.
- Commerce Price Table — allowed Print Canada Store to set different price points for products based on the quantity the customer would buy.
- Mailchimp — when a user chooses to sign up for PRint Canada Store’s newsletter this module allows the site to send that user’s information to MailChimp to be added to the newsletter’s subscriber list.
QuickBooks integration for streamlined accounting functions.
After all of these amazing add-ons were built into their platform, Print Canada was eager to get all this electronic data over to their accounting system, as effectively as possible. Enter Acro Media and the QuickBooks integration:
- QuickBooks WebConnector — this integration allows Print Canada’s Drupal site to exchange data with QuickBooks, their accounting system of choice, eliminating hours and hours of data entry.
Print Canada offers customized products with multiple option sets in bulk quantities and needed a robust, yet flexible commerce platform to meet their needs. Drupal offered the best open source solution, with scalability for future iterations of the online face of the company.
Let's talk about your project
No matter what stage you are in, we would love to talk to you about your project. No pressure, no obligation, just straight talk and helpful insight.