RETAIL & B2C SOLUTIONS
Building a new site with the user experience, customer journey and commerce options that a thriving telecom needs.
With a lot of hard work from our dedicated Koodo development and project management team, we were able to connect ecommerce functionality to a new, updated website and fix all the secondary customer and operational gaps.
Selling a mobile device in combination with a plan is a very complex ordeal, riddled with conditions and edge cases.
Acro Media took a site that was creating a bad user experience due to a poor checkout flow, or in this case — a site that had no checkout — and added commerce functionality.
- Ensuring phones and plans were compatible with one another when customers purchased.
- Make sure the site was personalized to show different rates, plans and phones depending on which province someone might be shopping from.
- Include functionality that supports the Koodo customer loyalty program incentives.
While this wasn’t an easy task, it handed Koodo the ability to finally give their customers what they wanted — the ability to purchase and manage their phones online without speaking to a representative.
Every business has different goals and functionality they need out of their website. A boxed ecommerce solution just doesn’t hit the mark on a tool this large, or this complex — most of the time this will require custom development to supplement the business rules. Below are some of the custom modules we developed for Koodo to create a great user experience for their customers.
- Koodo Cart — functionality allows you to only have one phone and one plan in the cart and makes sure the plan and phone are compatible. There would be nothing more disappointing than setting up your new phone and plan online, only to find out after the fact that you mixed and matched a combo that just doesn’t work, much like an 80’s prom outfit.
- Region Management — Gives Koodo the ability to show different plans, phones and prices based on which province they are in. We don’t want customers in BC being charged Quebec tax rates, and neither do you!
- Koodo Plans — Gives Koodo the ability to sell plans, which are essentially products, with no up-front cost, but still, need a monthly price attached to them.
Ontario, where Koodo is headquartered, has the most stringent national requirements for website accessibility standards, and breaching these terms comes with a hefty fine. Making a complex web tool available to all users, regardless of ability, without sacrificing design or experience takes a skilled team, endless testing, multiple iterations and patience.
If you’re interested in learning more about the do’s and don’ts to pass accessibility testing, check out our detailed blog post here on the topic.
It was a bit ironic asking customers to purchase a mobile device on a non-responsive site, so we have fixed this fundamental necessity, and have given Koodo more leverage for creating a great user experience and turning their site into a selling machine — no matter the device at hand.
Decreasing page load times
Page load times can be a fickle undertaking. Through streamlined use of modern CSS and HTML5 practices, a custom configured server and a balancing act of caching remedies, Koodo offers their customers the fastest experience possible for the tasks at hand.
With a lot of hard work from our dedicated Koodo development and project management team, we were able to connect ecommerce functionality.
Let's talk about your project
No matter what stage you are in, we would love to talk to you about your project. No pressure, no obligation, just straight talk and helpful insight.