RETAIL & B2C
Cooperatively design a state-of-the-art open source ecommerce solution through Acro Media’s Agile development team.
We’re big fans of transparency and accountability, which is why we think it’s important to work closely with all stakeholders to ensure they get a feel for what we do and how we actually do it.
This process involves:
- Uncovering and accommodating the requirements of all stakeholders.
- Visually diagraming the digital workflow and server architecture.
- Identifying the purpose of individual modules: which would be used, which needed to be custom-built.
- Providing a detailed UX and technical blueprint.
- Quality assurance and functionality checks by internal and external teams.
To build the complete solution that the Yukon government needed, we used the following functionality in the Drupal Commerce platform:
- Adhere to the Cannabis Act: Introduce a data security solution that is PCI and PII compliant.
- Allow anonymous checkout features to respect Canadians' right to privacy.
- “Age-gate” implementation to deny access and restrict exposure for individuals under the age of 19.
To improve the existing functionality, we also installed the following modules:
- Commerce Canada Post: API integration with Canada Post providing real-time shipping quotes, tracking, information, etc.
- Custom Commerce Equivalency Weight module: created to follow the federally imposed restriction limits for the amount of cannabis that can be purchased by an individual.
- For orders over the legal purchase threshold of 30 grams, checkout becomes disabled and various elements (both visual and message-based) are used to let the customers know why.
Online sales of a controlled substance requires a level of security and judiciously implemented fail-safes to prevent misuse and under-age sales.
The online sale of cannabis requires federally mandated PCI and PII compliance as well as strict security and data control.
An open source commerce platform made adhering to these standards possible, while still providing a carefully curated customer experience that generates sales and is maximized for conversion.
As launch day approached this open-source architecture was put to the test:
Let's talk about your project
No matter what stage you are in, we would love to talk to you about your project. No pressure, no obligation, just straight talk and helpful insight.