Solution - v2
Custom-built integrations that solve the most complex business functions.
Bar Codes Talk faced many challenges to achieve its goals, but Acro Media had the knowledge and experience to deliver a custom open framework solution that realized Bar Codes Talk’s vision for their business. Read on to find out how Acro Media leveraged open software and integrations to create custom solutions.
- Barcode Generator (custom module) — automatically maintains a repository of pre-generated barcode graphic files so that customer orders can be compiled and processed as soon as possible and downloaded instantly.
- Stamps (custom module) — communicates with the Stamps.com API for enhanced USPS shipping automation during the shipping fulfillment process.
- Packing Slips (custom module) — creates PDF packing slips of label orders showing an itemized list of each label purchased. It also displays a sample of each label.
- Nicelabel/NiceForm (custom module) — communicates with NiceForm (label printing software) and automatically puts the labels purchased in the printing queue.
- HubSpot — automatically inputs all Bar Codes Talk customers into the HubSpot CRM and separates each customer into different sales tiers based on their purchase.
How these integrations worked to solve the objectives.
Automate the sales fulfillment process.
These changes allowed for packages to be put together faster and use fewer server resources. It also allows customers to download their orders faster than ever before, which resulted in a better, more refined user experience.
- The system automatically recognizes larger orders that the repository (storage for images) could not handle.
- When a customer places a large order, they receive a PDF and spreadsheet that lists all the barcodes that they purchased.
- They are also notified that their order was too large to put together immediately and that they will be emailed once the order is processed.
- We also optimized the software that builds out the images to reduce file size wherever possible.
Streamline the label ordering process.
Bar Codes Talks product required a system that could handle highly configurable product options. A custom NiceForm script was made to communicate with Bar Codes Talk’s NiceForm (label printing) software, streamlining the printing process. This allowed for the automation of time-consuming, manual and repetitive tasks, speeding up the time to print.
The label builder:
- Allows customers to create a label from various selections of label types, sizes, and layouts.
- It includes a live preview that updates instantly as the customer inputs their preferences to show them how their custom label will look.
Building globalized sites.
To achieve Bar Codes Talk’s goal of a multilingual and multi-currency platform and catering to global customers, Acro Media had to ensure that all of their country-specific sites worked in concert with one another and data across all the sites remained in sync.
The first step was building an integrated architecture that allowed for multiple frontend experiences. As an example, Bar Codes Talk currently has English, Chinese and Spanish language user experiences, all supported by the same connected backend.
- When a customer places an order for a barcode on a language-specific site (China, for example), that site will sync up the order with the connected backend system and start the fulfillment process.
- The connected frontend sites all pull data from the same barcode pool on a single database, which automatically checks to make sure that each barcode is only purchased once. This streamlined process eliminated a huge manual stumbling block in barcode generation.
- The US site will fulfill the order as normal and then notify the other sites when their specific order is processed and ready for download.
Let's talk about your project
No matter what stage you are in, we would love to talk to you about your project. No pressure, no obligation, just straight talk and helpful insight.