Hey, We're Hiring!
Careers at Acro Media
Junior/Senior Drupal Software Developer In Canada
**Drupal Experience Required**
If you want to work with an exception group of people, in a great location, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—your are on the right page.
Here’s the corporate dribble that HR made us put at the top of this ad listing: Acro Media is looking for a Drupal Software Developer to develop Drupal 8 and Commerce builds. In order to apply for this position you must be able to live and work, legally in Canada.
Now that’s done, here’s what we really want, someone who can code like it’s their native tongue but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid back bunch, but driven to do well for our customers. We’re looking for low egos, and high skills. You can be young and inexperienced or a savvy veteran, what we’re really looking for is your ability to code, which may be finely honed skill or raw talent at this point.
We aren't looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you “the IT department”. Developers own this joint; we get it. If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass commerce sites, corporate gems, and the occasional game, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here's some things you’ll be responsible for:
- ***Must have Drupal Experience and be able to provide example work***
- Producing high quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media production process
- Implementing updates & revisions to web sites
- Contributing code back to the Drupal community, testing and responding to issues, maintaining modules.
- Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Adhering to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
- Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
- Communicating well with Account Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
- Acting as both a peer/mentor to other Developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- A good mix of web development skills, you should be able to build out site template and then code all the gears and pulleys behind the scenes as well, we try not to have people who do all HTML/CSS and people who do all backend coding, we like people who can multi-class. You’re not going to work on the same thing for 8 months. If you only have experience on embedded systems or just design sexy layouts, maybe try to brush up on your weaker areas, we are open minded though so don’t let this scare you away.
- Our designers use Photoshop, so when you’re building out the templates, it’s good to know how to navigate around this application. Basic knowledge of how layers work, and the use of some the more important tools that are required for taking apart the design and deriving all the images for web-use is a plus.
- We're open to good programmers who know other languages and technologies and are will to learn, but below is a list of a bunch of stuff we normally work with:
- Has Drupal work to send us
- Bonus: C++/Objective C/C#/C
- If you know other languages don’t forget to mention them, if you are a badass Lisp hacker type, mention that.
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully, you have installed Linux on something at least once, even if it was just your Xbox, phone...or vacuum etc. (For real, though, you can get Linux installed on a Roomba)
- Some understanding of Linux hosting if at all possible. Have you configured your own server? Did you setup a web server for your house or friends, even if no one else really cared?
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so you’ll have to have some work you can show us.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we've got a program for that too!
- Paid Overtime for all roles...including salary positions: What? What?! Yep you heard right. We pay for all approved OT...not that we want everyone working so hard, but with the natural ebb and flow of our industry sometimes it's needed to blast out the OT in order to keep our heads above water. We find this little pay cheque nugget is a nice reward for the over timerz.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, a few brews - no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have an in-house breakfast, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It's a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Culture: We're a certain type of people. We're all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us!